For the majority of the projects our most experienced Project Manager Rajesh Kapileshwari, PE, LEED AP leads a team of two design professionals - Cesar Gonzalez, PE and Guillermo Quintanilla. Porfirio Mireles, Chris Garza and Ray Peynado, PE provide engineering design and BIM services. Jesus Martinez, Ryan Gilnack, Raul Espinoza and Luis Hernandez assist as MEP designers. Mark Warren, PE is our Commissioning Authority, Marcos Rios is our Construction Administrator and Diane Looper is in charge of document control and accounting. This team has worked together for about 12 years, and has successfully completed over 500 projects. For resumes of the rest of the staff, please contact our office.
Rajesh Kapileshwari, P.E.
LEED AP Principal, Quality Control, Mechanical Engineer
Highlights of QualificationsRajesh has over 20 years of experience managing complex and diverse MEP projects. As a principal at Ethos, he is responsible for system concepts and quality control for all projects. His main focus is energy efficiency and sustainability design.
With a graduate degree in thermodynamics and thermal fluid systems, Rajesh specialized in design of thermal plants, thermal energy storage (TES), and renewable energy technology, and energy conservation projects. He performs energy analysis, commissioning (CX), and retro-CX. He also has expertise in designing high performance buildings.
Rajesh earned his LEED Accredited Professional certification in 2004, his first LEED project 'The Austin City Hall' was awarded LEED Gold, and several of his projects have been awarded LEED and Energy Star Building Certifications both in Austin and the Rio Grande Valley. In the Valley market, Rajesh has enhanced his skills, designing comfortable, sustainable facilities that are both cost effective and easy to maintain.
His professional affiliations include ASHRAE, EPA, and USGBC. Rajesh volunteers as an engineering mentor in STEM clubs in schools, and serves on the Advisory Council at the local Sustainability Resource Center. He enjoys teaching and speaking at professional workshops and seminars.
ACR Engineering-Austin, Harlingen, TX 1999-2014 For over 10 years Rajesh served as the Engineer of Record for the South Texas office. He conducted energy audits, developed technical reports, and implemented energy conservation projects. He designed new retrofit lighting, HVAC, and DDC systems. For the State, he reviewed third part designs for code compliance, and provided training sessions in environmental and energy conservation, renewable technologies, and the use of related software and analysis techniques. He commissioned MEP, controls and life safety systems.
Discipline Mechanical Engineering
Degree - M.S. in Mechanical Engineering UT Austin, 1995
Registered Professional Engineer 86959 (Texas) 032979 (North Carolina)
20 years in design of new construction, renovation, expansion projects.
Qualified Sponsor for Utility Incentives
SECO Grants and Loans
EPA Energy Star Buildings
Experience as Prime Consultant Engineer of Record
- Brownsville ISD
- Los Fresnos CISD
- Harlingen CISD
- South Texas ISD
- Rio Hondo ISD
- Hidalgo ISD
- La Joya ISD
- Idea Public Schools
Thermal Plant Experience in the Rio Grande Valley
- Dozens of K12 schools with thermal plants up to 1500T
- UT-Pan American (Haggar Plant): Renovation
- UT Brownsville/TSC: Renovation, hydronic distibution system expansion
- Valley International Airport: Renovation
- City of McAllen Central Library: Renovation/New Construction
- University of Houston- from Center Point Energy for a project
- Los Fresnos CISD, New Los Fresnos United
- Renovation, Harlingen CISD, Gutierrez Middle School
- Conservation, South Texas ISD Edinburg Campus
- Renovation, Valley International Airport
- Renovation, UTPA Haggar Plant
- Renovations, Harlingen CISD High School
Recognition and Awards
- 2012 EPA Energy Star, Building: BISD Veterans H.S., 350,000sf
- 2013 EPA Energy Star, Building: LFCISD Los Fresnos United, 250,000sf.
- 2015 EPA Energy Star, Building: Idea Public Schools, Alamo Campus
- National Design Award: McAllen Library: 500T, ultra-high efficiency thermal plant with oil-free magnetic bearing chillers, adaptive controls.
- LEED Gold: Austin CIty Hall: Boilers, heat exchangers, connection to district utility plant
- LEED Silver: City of Austin, 911 Center, Commissioning Agent
- LEED Certification (in progress): Valley Nature Center, Weslaco
- LEED Silver: Lance Armstrong Foundation, Austin